Hey guys, Lisa here. Welcome to my first blog post! I’m so excited to be your resident foodie for Bounce – I’m obsessed with the new Plant Power range! A little bit about me – I’m a mostly plant-based food blogger and aside from blogging, I also study education at university, love working out, and work as an education assistant and model. As you can imagine, all of these commitments mean I’m always super busy, so I make sure that most of my healthy recipes are simple and quick! Which brings me to my go-to winter warmer breakfast – Apple Pie Oats, read on for the full recipe:
Apple Pie Oats
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Suggested toppings: maple syrup, coconut cream, pepitas
What to do:
- Mix the oats, chia seeds and sultanas in a bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water on top of the oats.
- Cover and microwave for 2:30, checking at 30 second intervals. Sometimes the oats get too fluffy and start to rise above the bowl, so make sure to give them a stir before putting them back in to avoid overflowing. Take the oats out of the microwave and mix through 1/3 cup non-dairy milk, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dice apple, place into a microwave safe bowl with ¼ cup boiling water. Microwave for 30-60 seconds or until tender.
- Top oats with cooked apples and other toppings of choice
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and that it helps to keep you warm on these chilly winter mornings!